How to do Facebook Advertising for your Online Store?
Social media has become an integral part of urban life. Survey says, teens spend up to nine hours per day on social media, and the number is increasing every day. People are ‘social media’ hungry and engage every day on different social media platforms. Before we start talking in depth about Facebook advertising, here are some interesting stats that will help you to understand the effectiveness of Facebook advertising and its ROI.
1. 76% of Facebook users look for interesting content for consumption on a daily basis on FB
2. 66% of users log on to learn about new products
3. According to a study, 52% of users were influenced by Facebook ads in their buying decision
4. Users who like a business page are 79% more likely to make a purchase
Leveraging this human-digital interaction, businesses are spending most of their marketing efforts towards social media marketing – Facebook being the most prominent one. While TV commercials and traditional ads cost a huge amount for few seconds of play time, Facebook marketing incurs a little cost and if done right, the ROI can be huge, scalable up to 6 figures. Spending as little as INR300, one can start a Facebook ad for promoting his/her business online. Plus, Facebook lets you define your target audience, which means the ads will be displayed to people who meet your specified criteria.
Benefits of having Facebook Ads
1. 80% of all internet users are on Facebook and are engaged in it for multiple times in a day. If you want to promote your brand to an audience of 1.85 billion users, then Facebook is the place to be.
2. If you want to promote your brand to a targeted audience, then you can’t ignore Facebook.
3. If you have a limited budget for advertising but want to see quick results, then Facebook is your best bet. Instead of spending, a few lacs on traditional advertisements, you can set your Facebook Ad for just a few hundred. Plus, you get to choose whom to show your ad.
4. Lastly, Facebook advertising creates your brand awareness, drives traffic, leads to sales and generate revenues.
Does Facebook ads really work?
Many first-timers have this question. Does Facebook ad really work or it’s just a hype? Our observation is, yes, it does! If you’re not promoting your products, then the views of your page will remain restricted. Through paid Facebook Ads you can compel your target audience to click and see your ad because they have the ads right in front of their eyes. When a person scrolls through his/her news feed, the Facebook ads appear strategically appear right there, so that there is no way one can miss the ad.
So, if you’re now convinced with Facebook Advertising, and wish to give it a shot, then here is step-by-step guidance that will help you to plan FB advertising for your t-shirt brand. Before you jump on with creating Facebook Ads, let’s understand what type of Facebook Ads work for a t-shirt. If you visit the Facebook Ads manager page, you will notice the page prompts you for the purpose of the ad. Depending on your responses, it lets you choose the Ad type that would be most beneficial for you. If your objective is selling t-shirts in India, then you will benefit from three types of ads. Given below is a quick glance with their purposes.
Facebook ads meant for a T-Shirt Brand
PPE Ad (Page Post Engagement Ad) – as the name suggests, this type of Facebook Ad is meant to increase the engagement in your page in terms of likes, share, and comments. For example, you upload a t-shirt design image on your Facebook page. Then you go to your Ad Manager and push for PPE to your targeted audience. You can choose your target depending on age, demographics, geography, etc. The image isn’t hyperlinked to your website, you need to add it separately in the comments.
CTW Ad (Clicks to website Ad) – If you wish to send your page visitor directly to your website, then investing in CTW Ad is the best way to go about it. Unlike the PPE Ad, you need to upload a t-shirt design image along with a link where you want to redirect your visitors.
WC Ad (Website Conversion Ad) – It can easily be derived from the name, the purpose of this Facebook Ad – i.e., website conversion. The working principle of this mode is simple – it helps in website conversion, i.e. t-shirt sales in your case. Facebook optimizes your ad and shows to prospective buyers who are more likely to make a purchase.
T-Shirt Mockups for Facebook Ad Copies
If you don’t have mockups for your t-shirts to promote on Facebook, then we have got your back. The Qikink team has already curated some sources (both paid and free) to help you get started. Using these mockup resources is easy and you’ll be all set to promote your t-shirt designs in no time. Read more about T-shirt mockup resources in our curated list here.
Creating a Facebook Ad that works!
1. Create and align Ad campaign: Through a Facebook business page, you can directly move to the Facebook Ads Manager. Since you need to create an ad for your t-shirt campaign, first Log into Facebook Ads Manager and choose the campaigns tab. With one click onto the Create button, you can start your own new Facebook ad campaign. Facebook also has different marketing offers which can be aligned with business goals to benefit you with your t-shirt ads. The marketing objectives such as generating brand awareness, exposure of ads to maximum number of people as possible (reach), driving traffic for the ads or your business page, engaging audiences to react to your ads by page likes, events or, special offers, connecting via Facebook messenger, introducing your app to general users, conversions etc. have been tremendously advantageous for sales and views of your brand. You should choose the type of campaign objective based on the goals of your t-shirt ad. Payment for the ad will vary according to the goals as per your sales or exposure requirements.
2. Cherry-pick an appropriate campaign name: Now, you need to scroll down to give your Facebook ad campaign an appropriate name. Suppose you have selected Engagement option as an objective under consideration, the page will show you options where you need to specify your campaign name and then turn on A/B split test option. You can also turn on the Budget optimization option if you are planning to display multiple ad sets. Options such as post engagements, page likes and Event responses shall also be lined up on top of your page. Accordingly, if you want your ad to focus more on likes, select Page likes option and then click Setup Ad Account to proceed further.
3. Structure your ad account: Don’t worry, if you have already set up your account, you will be directed straight towards targeting your audience and won’t need to see this step. However, if you are new to Facebook advertising, you will have to fill in some of your major account details here related to your country, time zone, and currency. Once you have done, click to continue but carefully, as changes shall require the creation of a separate ad account, which you may not want to go through at the start.
4. Aim your audience: On the top of this screen, after you name your Facebook Ad campaign, you will need to choose your business page which you intend to promote. After scrolling downwards, you can now start building the targeted audience for your t-shirt ads and cut short the most relevant customers to your preference. Being one of the most useful features on Facebook advertising, you are able to narrow down the gap and focus on:
- Core audiences, which will allow you to manually select audiences based on set criteria. New audiences based on interests, locations, demographics, and even behavior can be spotted this way and you can give your t-shirt ads the top chance of converting together with the personas you aim to reach out. Additionally, you can also use Facebook to engage your existing audiences.
- Custom audiences option, which is another great feature that can be used to upload your contact list to connect with existing customers or reconnect with the old customers. This is an ideal way to build a strong and improved relationship with your audience and blend your physical activity with an online presence.
- Lookalike audiences that are again a prominent option to find ideal audiences with whom you may have no past connections but they meet your criteria of an existing target audience.
As we all know effective targeting helps to generate the maximum rate of return, detailed targeting and connections are the two fields which make your target audience as particular as you choose.
5. Select your Facebook ad placements: The best advantage Facebook provides on placing an ad is that it is not limited to Facebook itself but can also be placed on other Facebook owned properties as well. Your ads can be displayed over messenger, Instagram, and other mobile apps through the Facebook Audience Network and you will also not be bothered to pick all the placements for each and every ad. Everything depends on your target audience. The platform list is easily visible and can be decided where you want to run the ad accordingly. To begin to scroll down to choose the area where your ads will appear. Being a new Facebook user, automatic placements are the best choice for Facebook Ads.
6. Decide your schedule and budget: The ultimate place that will hold you long is to decide on your budget. To start with you can select a daily budget plan and then set schedule to your advertisements. You can set the start and the ends dates or choose run my ad set continuously starting today that will give you a specific budget plan and start immediately. Remember scheduled advertisements are the most prominent option to spend your ad plans. However, you can only set a schedule if you have chosen a lifetime budget for your t-shirt ad. After you are over with the selections and satisfied enough, click Continue.
7. Build your ad: Finally, you can now choose the format for your ad and then enter the media and text components for your T-shirt ads. With the help of the preview tool placed at the bottom of the page, you can review your advertisement and when you are satisfied with your choices, click on the green button to confirm and submit the ad. Sooner, on acceptance of your ad via Facebook, you will be notified through a mail confirming your placements. you have finally successfully created your ad now.
Transparency is the key to any advertisement plan. Among lakhs of Facebook ads covering the pages of users daily, those t-shirt advertisements which star the eyes of the audience always have minute techniques used to either compel or repel its audience. It is always very important that the targeted audience exactly understand the motive behind the campaigns for which clarity in perspective of image and content both are indispensable. With the provision of a few technics, FB Ads can actually boost the rate of return on your investment and become fruitful for your t-shirt brand advertisement all over the world but not without clear concepts.
As we all know that the first impression is the last impression, similarly, when we see an image advertisement we get attracted to the pictures which induce us to further investigate about the product and the company. But not all images lure the user’s eyes enough to get the pleasure of purchase. The newsfeed is a battle feed with the only and last win-win option has to have the best images that interest the buyers. Photo posts and link posts are ideal for the advertisement. For this, the techniques helpful to set up a successful FB Ad for t-shirt advertisement in respect of Image are:
1. Consider original creative t-shirt pictures: The t-shirts you are about to sell may have multiple pictures all over the search engine with different brands as stock photos. It is not necessary that you sell t-shirts with unique prints or it should be an exclusive piece. The right way to put up a positive advertisement is to use original images for photo post or link post. Case in case, you are not able to get unique images clicked for your advertisements try to be more creative with the picture that already exists. With the use of features like filter copy, crop, specific image focus, colors, texts, etc. you can create a fashionable image for your T-shirt brand.
2. Opting colors carefully: When branding and designing your t-shirt advertisements try to be more specific to age group with colors. According to studies younger people are more attracted to red and yellow colors, while older people like blue and green colors. Also, it has been studied that purple and brown colors are disliked by all age group people, so it is better to avoid them. Still, color is just a part of the campaign and the real life saver is your t-shirt design.
3. Use Only High-Quality images: To grab the real attention of the viewers, it is better you use only pictures with high resolution. Quality never goes out of style and yes, high-quality images help to build brand image and style icon for your product.
4. Add emotions to graphics: With graphic prints on the t-shirt, users purchase products affecting their real lives. Emblems and badges on the t-shirt that reflects the viewer’s mood and personal being are more likely to be sold than regular printed T-shirts. To grab the advantage try to add emotions with the images and experience the difference on your own.
5. Customize t-shirts with testimonials: Like emotions printed on t-shirts, testimonials have also proven to be helpful with Facebook sales. To beautify your ad and build a delicate relationship with the customers, customized t-shirts with quotes as a description or a few bolded words are a great way and encourages sales effectually.
6. Feature a face for your brand: A well-known human tendency to detect faces with an ordinary object is common and a powerful weapon for online sales. Brands featuring human faces with products have relatively more compelling sales than brands selling ordinary images. Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon that causes the human brain to get more inclined to products featuring a face. This natural and proven way will certainly help you to draw more user attention and rate your brand t-shirt higher amidst others.
7. Caption images with specific location and references: This technique to grab viewers’ attention is an easily missed opportunity by digital advertisers at present. As facebook runs multiple ads at different locations, captioning the image using specific-location draws exact attention at targeted areas. Hence, the T-shirts designed for a particular area people will, therefore, reach them directly and quickly. You can also personalize it at different levels for individual interest.
8. Display text over your t-shirt image to describe it: Designing your brand t-shirt with text is also a suitable and popular technique to bring more people to admire your brand.Those advertisements that clearly define the products are actually more likely to be purchased rather than the ones with no clarity to the description. This offers the viewer’s prompt purchasing option and quicker decisions making power.
Importance of Content
Content creation in any field is of high importance. Once you know your customers are hooked up with a perfect brand image, it becomes essential to keep them busy with standard high-quality writing. With the help of your content, your audience will be persuaded and instructed to follow the next steps. Since everything has a limit to characters, you need to be clear and convincing, especially with the advertisement headlines. To assist you with short and crisp content we have piled up several ways:
1. Practice simple language: When it comes to simplicity, nothing can beat the match. The simplistic the language is used to convey your words, the more the audience is influenced and attracted to a product. Your brand ads should consider the fact that ads are not meant for literature but to describe a product. It should be scripted in a way that the customers easily understand; what next to do, the benefits related as well as the offers made through the ads.
2. Place questions: To grab quickly the attention of the audience, placing question has been a victory technique used since long. It leads to a conversation as comments and encourages customers to identify other messages as well.
3. Provide benefits: Questions like, what special features your brand t-shirt has?, what will buyers benefit wearing your t-shirt?, what makes your t-shirt stand out from other brands?, Is there any free offers regarding delivery, trial or gifts, together with your t-shirt?, helps customers make quick decision regarding purchases. If your ad content has vibrant answers to above questions, customers will understand the importance and place orders based on it.
4. Run directions: A simple click can encourage your user to move forward and place successful orders only if the content provides correct directions to users by exactly telling them what to do and what will they achieve on clicking.
5. Be audience-specific: Just like location works well with images ads, similarly, contents placed with particular area specific audience or activity specific audience, helps to achieve higher achievement sales. Example, if a t-shirt is specially designed for yoga, your content advertisement should target all age group people of a particular area or country, interested in doing yoga.
6. Disclose the expense: We may like a thousand stuffs online, but something that meets our requirements plus budget is rarely found. It is always a disappointment for the customers to select any product and later know about the cost, which may repel their purchase. Cost being a barrier should openly be displayed to the viewer together with the product in order to inspire sales. Also, if there are any discounts offered on the product, such should also be indicated through the content for limiting wasted clicks.
7. Deliver a clear message: Both the image ad and content placed on the ad should go hand-in-hand and convey the same meaning. For your T-shirt ad both the image placed and the content written should bring the same meaning to the customers about the description and offerings related to your brand. A clear call-to-action is indeed favorable.
I got my first order through my Facebook advertising for my t-shirt design. But, how do I handle the logistics? Where can I get my t-shirt designs printed?
If these are some of the questions going through your head, then we’re here for your rescue. That’s right. We are in the printing business and helping t-shirt brands like yours to get their design printed and shipped. If you have already linked up with our Qiklink dashboard, then we can automatically get your orders on our dashboards. Once your order is live with us, we will print on demand and ship your order within 2 working days. We ensure your orders are packed carefully so that your customers receive them in perfect wearing condition. Once we ship the product, it will reflect on our dashboard along with your store dashboard.
Why drop shipping is a good idea for your business?
You’ll agree with us that when you start a business there’s a lot to experiment and learn until you can scale your business. Keeping your investments minimum not only safeguard you from making a loss but also keeps you prepared for the unforeseen. In such a scenario, starting a t-shirt business might sound difficult. But, actually, it is not! In this digital age, all you’ll need is a website and targeted Facebook ads for your products, along with your creativity! In such a scenario drop shipping is the best bet for you. All you need to do is find a drop shipper like Qikink and get your business up and rolling in no time! For more details on how a drop shipper works and things to remember while choosing a drop shipper, you can refer our previous blog post here.